Friday, March 6, 2009

Quick Update

I wanted to give a quick update on my first home buying experience. We have set a closing date for March 31st (although this date is flexible). So, the paperwork process begins. It is absolutely amazing the amount of paperwork that you have to gather to buy your first home (or probably any home). They need Verification of Employment, Verification of Rent, two forms of identification, two months worth of bank statements and savings accounts, retirement, pay stubs, previous two years of W-2's and the lists goes on and on and on and on (you get the point). So, basically my broker is my new best friend (although in my instance it is my mother so she was already my best friend).

Then, you have to order appraisals, termite inspections, home inspections, hazard insurance.

But, overall - it has been a great experience and totally worth it once I am in that new home that will be MINE.

No comments: